Friday, January 27, 2017

Made it Part Way, January 27,2017

I met my grandson this morning before 7 o'clock.  We loaded up the car and drove to Portland. On the way in we saw a spectacular Sunrise, which indicated to me that we were going to have a fantastic experience with Rotary Dream Team India 2017.
When we arrive to the airport we offloaded all of the bags and I parked the car. We then checked in at the United Airlines desk and found that not only did we have to pay for two extra bags which we understood we were going to have to do. We also had to pay for excess weight of his bag which weighed 69.5 pounds. So the day started out amazingly exciting. Never a dull moment when you travel with a Rotary Dream Team.
Yesterday at the office, due to a fraudulent transaction on my credit card, I received a new replacement credit card. When I went to use that new credit card this morning at the United Airlines desk, the card was rejected. We were finally able to straighten out that mess and cleared through immigration and security and then settle down to have a nice breakfast and wait for the flight to leave.
When we finally got off the ground our flight was relatively uneventful. We arrived at Newark Liberty Airport and had lunch. Sometime about 1 o'clock this afternoon, I received a text message and a phone call from one of my team members, Pete Miller, and he and Amy, the incoming president of his Rotary Club had arrived and decided that they wanted to get together in the United Club Lounge.
We have been enjoying the quiet and the civility of the club Lounge for a couple of hours now. I'm now sitting in the business Center and decided I wanted to post something to the blog. The only problem is that I'm not able to connect to the internet with my laptop and so I am actually dictating this blog entry into my phone. I hope that it is understandable and won't cause any trouble.
We have had a few snacks and JT has worked on his homework assignments. We will now grab something to eat for dinner and then head down towards the gate C 102 where we will board our plane which basically will serve as our home for the next 18 or 19 hours.
Once we have had dinner on board the plane that I hope that I'll be able to sleep for six or eight hours out of the 15 and a half hour flight. We are so looking forward to meeting up with are Rotarian  friends in India and setting out on Sunday morning to participate in the National Immunization day against polio.
                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment